To apply for a role at Dexibit,
email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Capacity Full time
Location Dexibit’s Auckland office or remote in New Zealand
Reports to Chief Executive Officer
- <90 day onboarded and integrated, with completion to exit criteria
- 30 or more Net Promoter Score (NPS) measured at the end of onboarding
Requires regular early starts several days per week (~7am) and occasional meetings out of hours to accomodate international customer timezones.
May involve occasional international travel.
Who we are and what we do
Do you love dinosaurs and data? At Dexibit we’re a kiwi Software as a Service (SaaS) company providing big data analytics to visitor attractions. From museums to zoos to theme parks, we work with big names such as the Smithsonian alongside your favorite places here at home like MOTAT. We’re a diverse, empowered team who have collected a fair few awards in our time from HiTech, NZIBA, TIN and more!
Dexibit predicts and analyzes visitor behavior to help bring more visitors through the door, engaging and coming back. Our product includes forecasts, insights and dashboards equipped with machine learning, natural language and more. We serve predominantly larger venues through an enterprise sales business model balancing enterprise and government accounts with mid market volume.
There’s never been a more important time to help the world’s culture and entertainment sectors as they recover after COVID-19. Being early in our journey, internationally focused and with an exciting modernization program underway too, there’s lots of opportunities for career growth.
Success at Dexibit
Enabling our customers to get to a place of being insight inspired with democratized data isn’t just about a great product. It requires a trusted advisor to partner around their vision, a helping hand around the logistics of sourcing and organizing their data, and the guidance to connect customers with data through Dexibit’s user experience. We’re a software product not a consulting agency, but we place a lot of importance on being a strategic partner for our customers to achieve returns with data through our product – rather than leaving them to it and only turning up to collect the next contract. This is provided through onboarding, ongoing business reviews and on demand support. For the wider company, the success function plays an important role as our eyes and ears to what’s happening in the market and an advocate for the voice of the customer.
This is a quota carrying role where achievement is measured in subscription renewals and expansion revenue, with leading indicators such as Net Promoter Score (NPS), in addition to reporting around user penetration (breadth and depth) and usage (frequency and function). This is currently a sole charge role for account management (though will be scaled as we grow our customer base in future), together with a wider customer team providing customer onboarding and integrations engineering. It is a role best suited to a self-starter who enjoys the variety of challenges and fast pace of a start up environment with an open mind and a love of agency. You’ll have ideas about what great looks like in success and will be comfortable introducing change with scale appropriate structure and process as we grow. As we build out our customer team, this is a great opportunity to grow your career.
Our success function works through Salesforce as our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform, connected to Hubspot and Intercom for communication and Jira for ticketing and our product is instrumented with Pendo. We do not currently have a customer facing service management system but may introduce one in the future to help keep our customers up to date on service requests and trouble tickets.
What you’ll get up to
You’ll work closely on the front line with customers that are new to Dexibit – helping them through our onboarding approach.
You’ll take ownership of the customer’s post sale experience, getting them quickly and happily activated in Dexibit’s product, which means guiding and helping them to configure Dexibit to their needs, getting their data into Dexibit and reaching ‘integrity acceptance’ where the customer approves that their data appears as it should.
This consists of:
- Meet and greets as part of the presales process
- Conducting handover from sales (and later, to success)
- Provisioning the customer’s account in Dexibit
- Configuring the customer’s requirements, such as defining business rules and designing dashboards
- Coordinating onboarding activities such as data transformation and loads and automated integrations (with the help of technical specialists)
- Hosting kick off and onboarding working sessions and facilitating end user training
- Building and sharing knowledge of the customer, their business, data, people and objectives
Along the way, you’ll help manage situations such as data operations, change requests, buyer change, product feedback and roadmap ideas.
You’ll be curious, passionate and knowledgeable about the intersection of data and visitor experiences, developing a solid understanding of the opportunities for data across different functions in visitor attractions, such as strategy, operations, finance, marketing, visitor services, retail, loyalty, digital and more. You’ll pattern match learnings across customers to bring back a product mindset to our team and to share your expertise across industry.
Our team is huge on learning, so you’ll enjoy regular brown bags and lightning talks to keep your mind sharp, opportunities to take you to new technical places or face varied business challenges and the chance to share your own knowledge.
- As part of the customer team, help to form future plans and improvement initiatives to improve our customer experience and product
- Own customer onboarding, including speed, scope and happiness
- During onboarding, maintain customer progression data and provide program management reports
- Encourage onboarding management best practice, reflection and improvement
- Develop deep knowledge of industry, customers, users and their data opportunities
- Be an expert in Dexibit’s product as an industry evangelist
- In partnership with product and marketing, participate in go to market activities to bring new features and functionalities to customers
What you’ll bring
This role is suitable for the right person coming from B2B SaaS success or technology project management, or alternatively as a career transition for someone with a museum studies or visitor services background.
- Highly organized with an eye for detail and comfortable managing many moving parts
- A great communicator and confident presenting to a group (mostly online)
- Ideally, someone who understands the visitor attractions sector (this role is perfect for someone with a background in visitor services or similar)
- Passionate about the intersection of data and visitor experience
- A lover of working with customers on the front line
- A quick study and product mindset
- Preferably, with a bachelor’s degree or equivalent
A day at Dexibit
A day in success at Dexibit often begins with customer meetings, taken mostly via video conference with some in person facetime for key accounts. This requires regular early starts to overlap with customer time zones.
Customer meetings involve conducting kick offs, working sessions and user trainings or riding along on sales or success calls. This involves working out how to fit Dexibit to the customers’ organization, visitor experience and source systems and helping to translate their objectives into data.
Internal sessions involve reporting back customer product requests and any issues, helping to prioritize work, offer feedback into designs or collaborate in testing new ideas in market. Together with the business, you’ll help coordinate our go to market efforts – you might join in on a marketing broadcast, help write a blog or a design enablement collateral.
Each week, you’ll have a regular 1-to-1 chat with your manager to make sure you’re always growing and learning. You might also meet with our data science team to discover hidden correlations in the data or new opportunities to present innovative insights to our community.
Our team gathers regularly for fun social events such as kitchen teas, brown bags and happy hours. Once a quarter the wider company team assembles for a strategic overview and the chance to connect with other aspects of the company through your work – plus our legendary team building outings which take us out to enjoy unique visitor experiences first hand.