QA Automation Engineer
Do you love dinosaurs and data? Join us!
At Dexibit we’re a kiwi SaaS company providing big data analytics to visitor attractions. From museums to zoos to theme parks, we work with big names such as the Smithsonian, Royal Palaces and NASA alongside your favorite places here at home like MOTAT and Weta. We’re a diverse, empowered team who have collected a fair few awards in our time from HiTech, NZIBA, TIN and more!
Dexibit predicts and analyzes visitor behavior to help bring more visitors through the door, engaging and coming back. Our product includes forecasts, insights and dashboards equipped with machine learning, natural language and more. We serve predominantly larger venues through an enterprise sales business model, with a hybrid product led growth dynamic.
There’s never been a more important time to help the world’s culture and entertainment sectors as they reopen and recover after COVID-19. Being early in our journey, internationally focused and with an exciting modernization program underway too, there’s lots of opportunities for career growth.
Quality at Dexibit
Dexibit is a product company where product sits at the heart, intersecting sales, success, marketing, engineering and the business. Our team is highly collaborative, working in cross functional teams across dual tracks for discovery and delivery in an agile fashion. Quality is an important part of providing a product our customers love!
This is a sole charge quality role, best suited to an up and coming leader who enjoys the variety of challenges and fast pace of a startup environment with an open mind and love of agency. You’ll know what great looks like and will be comfortable introducing change with scale appropriate structure and process. It’s a great opportunity to build out a quality practice and grow your career.
Dexibit is an enterprise grade solution platform comprising a user application together with a deep data engineering stack which takes data from 60 industry specific integrations through a data lake, pipeline and warehouse, and is feature ready for machine learning models. Our users are primarily business personas from visitor service operations, finance and marketing. While we innovate, we’re currently modernizing to a React and NodeJS stack, along with changes to our data automation platform and machine learning framework, an exciting program we’re part way through.
What you’ll get up to
You’ll work closely on the ground with our product teams in the pursuit of quality as we solve important and difficult problems for our customers and the business – in ways people love, yet work for the business. You’ll help lead our quality efforts in pursuing an ever increasing coverage of tests across the technology ecosystem, resulting in less rework and increased release cadence.
- Take ownership of the overall test suite that the team and stakeholders will use automatically and routinely to test our products
- Be an active contributor in a cross functional agile team, working alongside product, design and engineering
- Write test plans to cover both automation and manual testing
- Automate application tests, scheduling and executing test automation as needed
- Report and investigate test results
- Establish reporting dashboards to provide visibility on test coverage and risks
- Writing agile documentation
- Understand end user analytics and help the team to understand and measure customer loading speed, errors, crashes and more
- Foster a community of knowledge sharing
- Undertake manual testing where automation has not yet covered the product, then discover candidates to be replaced with automated tests
Our team is huge on learning, so you’ll enjoy regular lightning talks to keep your mind sharp, opportunities to take you to new technical places or face varied business challenges and the chance to share your own knowledge with the team.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in engineering, computer science, information systems or similar and 3+ years experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated understanding of the methods and techniques of modern test automation and quality practices
- An understanding of cloud based (SaaS) software concepts
- Promotion of CI/CD best practices
- A love of teams, balancing a collaborative yet pragmatic working style
- A solid understanding of development processes and agile practices
- Deep experience with test automation software, building, debugging and maintaining tests
- Experience in multi platform or cross browser testing
- Experience with API test automation
Experience with one of TestCafe, Cypress, Selenium or Nightwatch, plus AWS
Ready to apply?
Enquire or apply today via email to email@example.com.