The Almanac module provides a calendar based timeline for managing context of what’s happening in and around your venue, in order to inform insight and predictive algorithms, such as machine learning models used for forecasting.
In the almanac, you can:
- Manage what’s on at the venue
- Manage what’s on in your local town or city
- Control opening hours
Please note the purpose of the Almanac module is to feed contextual data into algorithms – it is not designed as an organisational calendar tool.
In the Almanac module you can:
- Navigate the calendar to view almanac detail
- Add an almanac item
- View and edit existing almanac context
Once you have almanac context at hand, you can use visualization controls to overlay almanac context to master visualizations or use visualizations to access insights, such as:
- Master exhibitions, experiences and events
- Almanac impact on visitation
- Almanac impact on revenue
- Almanac impact on dwell time
- Almanac impact on sentiment
- Factor analysis (various)
Contextual data is an important source for predicting and analysing visitor behavior. This can include:
- Activities happening at your venue, such as:
- Activities happening in and around your city or events of domestic relevance, such as:
- Regional events (such as marathons, marches, concerts or sports)
- Public holidays
- School terms
- Cruise ships
- Other elements, such as:
- Venue hire
- Marketing campaigns
You can also add free form notes to your timeline (which do not impact algorithims).
Elsewhere in Dexibit, you can also:
- Configure weather feeds
- Configure press feeds
- Upload local or domestic tourism statistics
To add an activity or event from the Almanac, click the ‘Add’ button at the bottom right. From the drop down list, select the type of activity or event you wish to add, then configure the details. When you’re finished, click OK. You’ll see your entry appear in the calendar.
For activities, such as exhibitions, experiences or events, you can configure the visitation source and rules for these. This selection can differ from how you count visitors to your venue itself and different activities can have different count approaches too.
To configure visitation for activities, click to open the activity, then select ‘Source’ from the bottom left corner of the modal. You’ll see a quick preview to the right of the primary source of data for this entry.
From the following modal, you can then select the source of the activity’s visitation:
- Automatic products (matching to a ticket of the same name)
- Admission products
- Footfall counters
- Presence zones (WiFi)
- All visitation to the venue
If using an automatic product source, watch your spelling matches and there are not multiple deviations of the product spelling coming through via your ticketing system.
When you’re finished, click OK to return to the activity, then OK again to complete.