This week, you’ll see important new functionality being gradually introduced into Dexibit for your feedback, including visualization controls. We’ll be continuing to roll out these changes to various visualizations in the coming weeks, after we’ve made any adjustments based on your response.
To begin, this enhancement are only available on some visualizations, such as 123 Visitation by count method and four new visualizations, 184 – 187. Try it out and let us know what you think!
You’ll see a new icon in the top right corner, a bar and line chart combination, with a tool tip of ‘Configure chart appearance’. When you click on this button, you’ll be offered a menu for configuring the visualization’s appearance, including the ability to change the:
- Visualization caption (this will apply either for your personal user dashboard, or a venue wide report, depending on where you’ve applied the change)
- Per legend item:
- Chart type (between area, bar, line or spline)
- Visibility control (show or hide data)
- Data labels
- Markers (the dots which display on some chart variants)
- Overlay of calendar and notes
- Display currency symbol (for revenue related data)
- Select data granularity (daily, weekly, monthly, quarter or yearly)
To access visualization controls in reporting, remember to toggle ‘Configure report’ to adjust visualization settings.
When visualizations are duplicated (such as in a report), these controls can be applied individually to each instance of the visualization in isolation.
Release date: March 5th 2019
Feedback welcomed as we roll out this enhancement further.