Dear Dexibit: How do you spread demand outside popular times?
Is your visitation attraction pumping at midday on a Saturday, then dead during the week? It’s possible to fill traditionally quiet times and grow demand while spreading capacity to avoid the heavy peak and pit nature of organic visitation.
Here’s some ideas to test out and track how they perform…
- Watch when you’re marketing spend is scheduled for by concentrating paid search, paid social and paid media spends on quiet days, in promotion of quiet days and/or with a lead time for quiet days – check your lead time trend correlations from social and online to onsite
- Use quiet times to target niche audiences by introducing limited time ticket types during traditionally quiet periods, such as times for low sensory, mums and bubs or members only to draw in target markets which aren’t bound by office hours
- Offer incentives for group tours during quiet periods – rather than admission discounts, include additions, such as a welcome talk or guided tour
- Schedule school education programs for quiet times – which might have other benefits such as raising visitor happiness and spend at busy times when school groups can negatively impact these metrics for other visitors
- Add late nights during the week – Thursday evenings often work well with programming that appeals to adults such as live music and a pop up bar, especially when coupled with admission deals to reflect drop in style visits
- Expand open times on popular days, especially when these occur on the weekend (for example, experiment with opening an hour earlier)
- Test variable or dynamic pricing – rather than reducing admission cost during quiet times, if you’re operating at capacity, try increasing admission cost during popular times
- Schedule drawcard programming at alternative times – often programs are scheduled at popular times to maximize their attendance; instead try the reverse of using these to draw visitation to alternate times
- Market the benefits of visiting at quiet times – promote when quiet times are on your website and the benefits of visiting then
- Market unknown facts of alternate times – amazing coffee, cooler temperatures, morning light, sunset views, animals out at dusk – use specific time of day promotions to highlight added value visitor experiences
Using Dexibit? Use visitation and capacity utilization heat tables or day of week or hour of day visualizations to understand popular times and demand spread.
Get insights delivered right to your inbox
Want to learn more about Dexibit?
Talk to one of our expert team about your vision to discover your data strategy and see Dexibit in action.